Last year, one of our clients engaged our services to increase their customer engagement rate, specifically in redeeming cash vouchers with the outstanding loyalty points.
Now, the usual tactic most companies would use is to send out an email blast to remind their customers about the loyalty benefits, and maybe even throw in discounts to encourage the redemption.
We decided to try content marketing instead. We researched on a few trends in the F&B scene, and one of them was the hype around Sushi Bacon. There were lots of photos, videos and contents posted about the dish, with rave reviews from the client’s target demographic.
So what we did was look for the best instructional video on how to make the Sushi Bacon in your very own kitchen, and the list of ingredients.
We wrote as a short email based on those info, craft in a very clickable title, and towards the end of the article, we slid in our clients’ Call-To-Action (CTA):
To impress your guests and loved ones with amazing Sushi Bacon, you probably need to get the freshest ingredients. What if we tell you that you can get them for free? Just fire up our app, and redeem some cash vouchers today.
And it worked really well! Email open rate was fantastic, and so did the customer engagement ratings. We repeated the same formula but with different recipes, all with the objective of getting our clients’ customers to redeem more vouchers.
This is one simple, practical and effective application of content marketing which we cover in our 2-day Email Marketing INTENSIVE. As a matter of fact, during the first half of day 2, the focus is to help generate at least ten content ideas that can be linked to your products and services. The rest of the time is spent on crafting the emails, getting the sales script right and “sexifying” the copy writing.
On top of that, you and your sales and marketing team will also learn:
- How to write email subject lines that have a very high chance of being clicked
- How to format the email contents for maximum effectiveness – psychologically and emotionally
- How to enhance the copywriting by making the writing easy to read and impactful
- How to insert a CTA that create urgency and leads to action
- And more!
Or if you like a PDF brochure, click here.
p.s. If you have a big team, why not maximise your training dollars by bringing this program in-house? Why? Here are four reasons.
- You get to put in more participants (up to 20 for maximum effectiveness) for a flat daily rate
- We can customise the contents to suit your company’s products and services
- Your team members get to roll-up their sleeves as we work together with them on their email marketing campaigns, on the spot, for immediate results
- You get to decide to the time, day and venue (it can be a nice retreat, instead of just the usual team building where your people had fun but may not gain much business value)