Ah, the dreaded Call-To-Action (CTA). This is where you ask for the sale, request for an action, and take the conversation to the next level.
Because the task is so daunting, many of my clients struggle over crafting the perfect CTA for their email campaigns, and often ask me for guidelines.
I thought I’d share some with you today, so you, too, can benefit from getting more results from all* your emails.
Keep It Short and Simple. The key points here are to be clear and concise. No beating around the bush or grandmother stories anymore.
- Click here to register for the last 3 spots today.
- If you want to improve your bottom line, arrange a call with our consultants now.
- The buy 1 free 1 ends in 24 hours, so order your cakes today.
#2. Create Urgency
It’s in our human nature to not want to miss out on things. Marketers have been playing on our FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) for years. That’s why social media are so addictive, because we just don’t want to be left out of the action.
A few words or phrases that you can use to create urgency in your emails are:
- Limited stocks left.
- One-time exclusive offer only.
- Sales end in the next 5 hours.
- Last chance to impress your bosses.
- For the next 3 orders, pay only RM499.
#3. Slide in a Benefit
Sometimes even at the CTA stage, you’ll still need to remind your prospects and clients the benefits of your products or services. Consider this your last push before the sale, or making the CTA more compelling.
- If you want your kids to score As all the time, sign him up for this enhancement class now.
- Don’t let the economic conditions affect your business anymore. Talk to one of our consultants to gain your edge in the market place.
- I think you wouldn’t want to live another day worrying about your health, right? Sign up for health checks and get your peace of mind.
These are just three quick tips to help you craft effective CTAs. Let’s make it simple: just try using one of it first and measure the results it brings in. You can then tweak and improve it over time until you’ve hit the sweet spot.
So you see, with the right strategies, almost everyone can enjoy better results from their email marketing campaigns. And strategies, templates and tools are what we focus on in our 2-day Email Marketing INTENSIVE. Once we have explained the science behind a certain strategy, it’s all about applying it on the spot. That’s why our workshops are designed to be hands-on, so participants like you can walk away with sales copies you can use immediately.
Here are just a few more learning benefits:
- Identify your right market segments and untapped business opportunities that you had never thought of before
- Produce effective emails campaigns that connect with your target audience
- Structure your emails for maximum effectiveness – psychologically and emotionally
- Learn how to tap on simple content generation strategies so you won’t run out of topics to write onLeverage on proven email templates for different stages of your sale cycle
- Utilise free (or really cheap) tools to increase sales engagement by over 100%
- Enhance your copywriting skills so you can sexify even the most boring products and services
- Deploy an email marketing system to broadcast mass emails to all your prospects and clients
- Improve email campaign performance with various tracking and optimisation tips
Want a PDF instead? Click here.
*PS. Yes, all your emails, not just the marketing ones. Even when you’re sending an email to your management or peers seeking for results, if you structure your CTAs well, they will respond to you. Try it.